As an entrepreneur, you may have asked yourself the same question over and over again throughout your career, “How do I improve or speed up my sales without looking too shady?” There are ways to increase your sales in fair play but there is no one-size-fits-all plan especially if you are merely starting off and are still looking for that customer number one or are on a mission to maintain a steady flow of clients while making your current ones happy with the services you are offering. However there are several tips out there that you can selectively pluck from any of them depending on what fits your business. It may not be an easy task at first but it is highly doable. Believe it or not, accelerating your sales can be easy as 1, 2, 3!
Here are a few tips that could get you started:
When you hire a person, hire them for more than just their resume – hire them because they can deliver especially if you are to be hiring a salesperson. Though there will be people out there who present an impressive resume, most of the time, these people are the ones who cannot deliver the quality you seek and instead are delivered by the people with a less then shiny resume.
Another way of hiring good salespeople is not to wait for them to come to you. You look for them. The best way is through referrals or through clever observation. Salespersons are the front-liners of the war after all.
- If you are to train your new employees, as much as possible avoid having ride-alongs as these may result your new hire’s ability to use his or her own unique abilities and strengths to accomplish the goals expected of them. Let them fly on their own wings.
- Training-wise, it is highly recommended to train your new hires through real-time exposure instead of simulated situations. In this way, they get to learn from their mistakes and use these as a way to self-improve, which may then lead to better sales.
- When thinking of approaches, always give attention to ideas that can lead to long-term outcomes. These are less competitive and that they have higher chances of attracting prospective buyers to your product.
- Consider taking advantage of modern technology when coming up with marketing schemes. Most of the time this leads into better flowing outbound marketing outputs and focus in inbound marketing.
- When selecting technology to help up with your sales, select it not for your sales leader but also for your salespersons and for your client. Not only will this prove to be efficient but it will also improve your buyer’s experience and will prompt them to be returning clients.
- When evaluating your employees, focus not only on their output ad general sales management skills but also in their leadership skills. This will prove to be useful when looking for future leaders to work for your company.
- Always aim for continuing improvement. Do not settle on one goal.