Only one more week for Halloween! People will begin to see ghosts and ghouls on the streets, clubs, neighborhood, but only on their social media networks. Maybe your friends and family will be posting pictures of them during this spooky holiday. But business entrepreneurs and marketers consider this time of the year as the moment to pump up the sales while taking advantage of the event.
Read on to learn some fun spooky ways to keep your social media followers to continue buying, and even invite more to check your store online. Below are 3 ways to take advantage of Halloween for social media.
3. Profile Images are a must!
For Halloween, you have to update your profile picture. But not only during this time of the year, you always have to keep your customers and prospects updated. Remember, this is the first thing people look at when they open your social networking profile. Your profile image is your marketing tool.
So, here are a few ideas on how to create an image that is holiday-centric in line with the Halloween season.
- Placeing a cobweb graphic on your company logo can make a difference.
- Create and upload an image if you have Halloween-themed products
- Turn your headshot photo into a zombie.
2. Halloween Contest
If you’re planning to hold a sale this Halloween, holding a contest for your loyal shoppers and prospects is a better way to keep them and even attract more. However, you have to keep in mind that it has to have a theme related to the season. This is a best timing if you're selling products for Halloween.
Here is what you should be taking note of as you hold this kind of contest.
- Entry dates should be short enough to encourage the people. Sure you may be giving your customers longer time to prepare, but if you take too long, Halloween will be over.
- Do not make the contest difficult for your customers. Keep it simple and easy.
- Give your customers just enough time to prepare for their entries.
What kind of contest should you hold?
- Photo contest. Allow your customers to submit a photo wearing their Halloween costume.
- Answer a specific question on Twitter, related to Halloween.
- Share a Halloween image from your product on your customer’s Facebook wall.
1. Halloween is Also a Time for Sharing
Set up a marketing campaign where your promotions and new offers are amplified not only to your subscribers, but to everyone. In short, allow your product to spread like a virus.
Below are some easy ways to share what’s in store in your shop in social media.
- Blog promotion. A blog is one of the best tool to advertise your business.
- Create a dynamic marketing strategy.
This Halloween, don’t be scared, instead, have fun!
How are you keeping up with your social media posts? Download our FREE editorial calendar:
#Halloween #HappyHalloween #Halloween2016