If you're a web developer you probably know about landing pages. But if you're a business owner, you may not know the importance of a landing page. What actually makes a landing page better than the others? How can you take advantage of this? A lot of good businesses tend to miss out on enhancing or optimizing their landing page and this can affect the traffic of your website. All you need to do is to learn a few tips and tricks so that your landing page will be enhanced and traffic will be increased in no time.
What is a Landing Page?
First things first. What exactly is a landing page? To put it simply, it is the first thing that your visitors see when they visit your website. By that definition, every page in your website will be considered as a landing page, but it depends how the visitor got there in the first place. So if a user searches for a keyword with your business on it like the business locations for example, then the list of branches will be the landing page. A typical landing page will be asking the visitor for information, download an ebook or to take a survey.
The Composition of the Perfect Landing Page
A great landing page has four essential features that will differentiate it from the rest.
- First it has to have great headline that will communicate with potential buyers. This will intrigue them with an idea of what you are all about and how they can benefit from it.
- A sub-headline is next, which will illustrate exactly what you are all about and will let the customer know that you sound confident, capable and important.
- Third is the call to action. This needs to stand out from the rest and needs to be the part of the overall conversation. Your behavior needs to include things that say something like “Sounds good? Then let’s get started” Also, you need to include just one CTA prominently since too may will make your message more muddled.
- Last feature that you need to include are supporting visuals which may come in the form of images or videos. Show your visitors what it will be like to use your product or service, and remove their doubts when it comes to purchasing your product.
The image below hightlights one of our landing pages on how to make Facebook engaging for your business. So, what are the benefits of a landing page? As you can see, our landing page follows the best pratices for langing pages which includes:
- Liminiting Navigation - Don't distract your visitors with a navigation bar, the point of a landing page is to have no distractions so they can fill out your form
- Deliver Value - Give them a valuable offer
- Enable Sharing - Add sharing links so that your clients can share our content on social media or by email
- Keep it short - The longer and busier your landing page is, the less chances your have of your potential client filling out your form
There are other tweaks that you can add to your landing page so that you can even make it more visitor friendly and can boost your sales big time. Videos can be added because they have a lot of benefit such as being convenient, they get to showcase your product in action and testimonials from your current clients can all be beneficial for your landing page. Always remember to be relevant to your product or service and do not overdo it when it comes to introducing your product because this might cause your visitors to leave your site.
In need of a FREE website evaluation?